Welcome to CRYENGINE's documentation for developers!
This is the place to read about the engine's architecture and technical details. Here you can also find instructions and tutorials to build, debug and deploy your own game for multiple platforms and VR.
New developers should begin with Getting Started with Game Code.
Details on the architecture and implementation of the engine's main systems.
How to make a new game project, configure GameRules, use Flowgraph and more.
Instructions and reference for compiling assets and code into a shippable game.
Explanation and usage guide for the auxiliary tools distributed with CRYENGINE.
- Page Getting Started With gitDouglas Perkins [Crytek] (Apr 20, 2018)
- Page CRYENGINE Platform SpecificDouglas Perkins [Crytek] (Apr 20, 2018)
- Page C++ Coding StandardThomas Wollenzin [Crytek] (Apr 20, 2018)
- Page Proprietary Third-Party SDKsFilip Lundgren [Crytek] (Apr 16, 2018)
- Page Proprietary Third-Party SDKsDouglas Perkins [Crytek] (Apr 12, 2018)
- Page User Experience GuidelinesDouglas Perkins [Crytek] (Apr 04, 2018)
- Page Getting Started with Sandbox Editor ProgrammingDouglas Perkins [Crytek] (Apr 04, 2018)
- Page Releasing a ProjectPaul Bennett [Crytek] (Mar 23, 2018)
- Page Performance Profiling
- Page _Setup and Loading data with MemReplay Tool
- Page _Online Recording in MemReplay
- Page _MemReplay Tool at First Sight
- Page _MemReplay in Code
- Page _Getting Started with MemReplay
- Page _Shaders
- Page _Console
- Page Memory Profiling
- Page Serializing JSON & XML
- Page Loadtime Profiling
- Page Reading & Writing XML