In this section you will learn about placing and setting up objects in your level, as well as various tools embedded in Sandbox for level creation.
In This Topic
- Archetype Entity — Archetype Entities are a powerful way to speed up and control the level design process.
- Area Objects — Area objects are used to create three (or some, two) dimensional zones in the level that can be used to trigger events, create lakes, isolate areas and more.
- Brushes — The brush parameters are explained in this topic.
- Designer Tool — The Solid Designer Tool, also known as "CryDesigner", is an advanced solid creation tool.
- Entity Library — This section explains the parameters and settings of the entities included in the SDK.
- GameCustom — GameCustom objects are entities used within Sandbox that are specific to a particular game or project.
- Geom Entities — Learn about what Geom Entities are and how to use them in your level.
- Misc Objects — The Misc Objects include various tools and functions used in game development and particularly level design.
- Prefabs — Prefabs are groups of objects that can be placed in the level as instances.
- Measurement Tool — The Measurement Tool allows to measure the length of segmented objects like roads, rivers, and paths.