CRYENGINE Marketplace offers developers a comprehensive library of assets that they can use to personalize and build their projects. Marketplace is a collection of high-quality assets that you can download through the CRYENGINE Launcher. In order to do so, you need to have a CRYENGINE account. Go to www.cryengine.com, click on Marketplace and log in using your CRYENGINE account. Now you can search for and select assets that you wish to purchase. To complete a purchase and download an asset, follow the on-screen instructions. You can find all your purchased assets in your Launcher's My Assets library.
Adding assets to your project
Follow the steps below to add assets to your project:
- Open the CRYENGINE Launcher from the icon on your desktop and then login to your account.
- In the Launcher main window, click on My Assets under the Library menu.
- In the My Assets window, click on Visit Marketplace to open the CRYENGINE Marketplace website. You can also directly go to cryengine.com and log in using your CRYENGINE account, and then click Marketplace on the webpage.
- Use the Search assets option to locate the desired assets that you want to add to your project. In this case, we will be using the CRYENGINE GameSDK Sample Project.
- Select the asset and click the Add to Cart option and then select CHECKOUT NOW and follow the on-screen instructions to purchase the asset.
- After purchasing, go to Library and My Assets. Click on the Download button. The CRYENGINE GameSDK Sample will now start downloading.
- Congratulations, you have successfully downloaded Marketplace assets to your launcher. You can use the Reveal in Explorer option to view the downloaded assets on your machine and manually move or copy them into your project directory. You can also remove your assets from the Launcher by using the Remove option.
- Note that if you purchase or download a sample project like GameSDK (as opposed to just a single asset), you will need to import the project into the launcher. We'll do that in the next step.