The blank template is designed for those situations where you want to start a project from scratch. This template only includes an FPS counter and a basic setup of a CryEnginePlugin which can be used as a starting point for initializing your project. If you're not familiar with programming in C# in CRYENGINE, then we recommended that you first start off with another one of the available basic templates.
See also: C# Blank Template
Rolling Ball Template
The Rolling Ball template is a simple game in which you can control a ball that rolls around the level. The template shows you how to;
- Use the EntityComponent to modify the behavior of the entities in your game.
- How to receive input from the Player.
- How to use physics to move entities around.
If you're not familiar with programming in C# in CRYENGINE then it is recommended that you take a look at this template first.
See also: C# Rolling Ball Template
Third Person Shooter Template
The Third Person Shooter template provides the very basics of a third person shooting game. The template shows you how to:
- Set up a player character using EntityComponent.
- Animate a character.
- Spawn bullets and detect collision.
See also: C# Third Person Shooter Template