The section describes the CryWAF build system in detail, followed by instructions on how to compile assets and how to a ship a game.
This section also holds other build related material, such as references or IDE specific tips.
In This Topic
- WAF Build System — Explanation of the CryWAF build system, including tutorials, reference sheets and a guide to compile CRYENGINE for the first time.
- CMake — Explanation of the CMake build system, introduced with CRYENGINE 5.3.
- Migrating from WAF to CMake — Provides a guide on converting projects from WAF to CMake, along with details on the differences between the two build systems.
- Compiling Assets for Multiple Platforms — How to process and package assets so that they can be used by the engine.
- Guide to releasing EaaS-based projects (3.8.6 and newer) — A guide for EaaS about shipping and distributing a game to end users.
- Visual Studio Supported Versions — Details on compatibility between VS versions and CRYENGINE components, plus an overview of how to configure it in WAF.
- Getting Started With git
- Guide to releasing CRYENGINE V projects — A guide for CRYENGINE V about shipping and distributing a project to end users.