The section describes the CryWAF build system in detail, followed by instructions on how to compile assets and how to a ship a game.
This section also holds other build related material, such as references or IDE specific tips.
In This Topic
- WAF Build System — Explanation of the CryWAF build system, including tutorials, reference sheets and a guide to compile CRYENGINE for the first time.
- Getting Started with WAF — A step by step guide of build CRYENGINE for the first time.
- WAF File Structure — Overview of WAF related files, specifying their structure, usage and possible options.
- WAF Branch Spec (waf_branch_spec.py) — Overview of the waf_branch_spec.py and its possible configurations.
- WAF Project File (projects.json) — Overview of the projects.json file and its possible configurations.
- WAF Spec File (*.json) — Overview of the structure of a spec file and its possible configurations.
- WAF Code Folder — Explanation of WAF related files found in the Code folder.
- WAF Module File (wscript) — Overview of the structure and possible options for a wscript file.
- WAF File List (*.waf_files) — Overview of the structure and possible options for a .waf_files type of file.
- WAF Tutorials — A series of tutorials to demonstrate useful CryWAF operations such as setting up a new project or module.
- WAF Interaction — A reference of CryWAF usage options and explanation of how to use CryWAF either via the command line or the graphical interface.
- WAF Extensions — A description of how to enable and use WAF extensions such as IncrediBuild or Recode.
- WAF with IncrediBuild — Usage of IncrediBuild with Visual Studio to build CRYENGINE.
- WAF with Visual Studio — Overview of the integration of WAF features in the VS interface.
- WAF with QT — Tips on how to use WAF with support for moc files in a project that uses QT.
- WAF with Recode — How to enable WAF support for Recode.
- WAF References — A set of reference sheets for WAF related options.
- WAF FAQ — FAQ and troubleshooting for common setup problems with WAF.
- CMake — Explanation of the CMake build system, introduced with CRYENGINE 5.3.
- Migrating from WAF to CMake — Provides a guide on converting projects from WAF to CMake, along with details on the differences between the two build systems.
- Compiling Assets for Multiple Platforms — How to process and package assets so that they can be used by the engine.
- Guide to releasing EaaS-based projects (3.8.6 and newer) — A guide for EaaS about shipping and distributing a game to end users.
- Visual Studio Supported Versions — Details on compatibility between VS versions and CRYENGINE components, plus an overview of how to configure it in WAF.
- Getting Started With git
- Guide to releasing CRYENGINE V projects — A guide for CRYENGINE V about shipping and distributing a project to end users.
- Build Automation