CRYENGINE ships with several complementary tools to assist the development process in tasks such as debugging or optimizing a game. Additionally there are 3rd party tools that are particularly well suited in combination with the engine.
Below you can find documentation with the purpose and usage of the auxiliary tools.
In This Topic
- Bootprofiler — An explanation of the Bootprofiler - a tool to measure boot and level loading times.
- MemReplay — MemReplay helps to detect hidden errors in handling memory which might, in the worst case, cause the application to crash.
- Getting Started with MemReplay — Quick overview of how to collect memory information from a running instance of CRYENGINE.
- Setup and Loading data with MemReplay Tool — How to setup MemReplay for first use.
- Online Recording in MemReplay — Instructions for connecting MemReplay to a running instance of CRYENGINE via a network socket.
- MemReplay Tool at First Sight — An overview of the interface and basic features of MemReplay.
- MemReplay Tool Advanced Knowledge — An overview of advanced MemReplay features such as inspecting the heap or tracing allocation history.
- MemReplay in Code — An explanation of how allocation tracking is undertaken in CRYENGINE code.
- Statoscope — Statoscope is a tool to plot graphs from data logged on a per-frame basis, such as FPS and number of draw calls.
- Connecting Statoscope — Quickstart for running Statoscope, logging data and navigating the interface.
- Logging Data in Statoscope — Details on the different possibilities of how to log data and connect Statoscope.
- Using the Main Graph Window — Instructions for navigating Statoscope's interface and how to control the plot display.
- Usage and Features — Guide of Statoscope's features, such as: filtering the graph and information display, screenshots, user markers and target lines.
- Comparoscope — Description of the Statoscope feature to compare two logs.
- Data Groups — List of the default Statoscope data groups and the data they provide.
- Creating new Data Groups — Illustrated examples of how to add new data groups.
- Brofiler — Brofiler is an external profiling tool developed by Vadim Slyusarev.
- RenderDoc — Graphics debugger with tools for deep analysis of the rendering process and graphics API usage.