Purpose of CryAISystem
The AI system in CRYENGINE is composed of several internal subsystems that build a framework for artificial intelligence in first-person-shooter games (but not exclusively). It has evolved throughout the Crysis games series and was last used as such in Crysis 3.
In This Topic
- Modular Behavior Tree — The Modular Behavior tree is used to make decisions and run Actions over time.
- Multi-Layer Navigation Mesh (MNM) — Defines areas in the world on which agents can move.
- Movement System — Allows agents to move through the world by traversing the Navigation Mesh.
- AI Bubbles System — A debugging facility to display arbitrary text in the world.
- Tactical Point System — A powerful method of querying the environment for places of interest.
- AI Communication — Playing sound/voice and/or animations at the right times during the game.
- Auto-disable — Save CPU time by disabling specific AIs.
- Factions — Organizing AIs in factions to specify their reaction towards each other.
- Signals — Signals are used to send all kind of events to other AI entities.
- Cluster Detector — A C++ class for clustering data
- Obsolete AI Documentation