The following topics address the CryWAF Cross Platform Build System used to build CRYENGINE. CryWAF is based on the WAF Meta Build System.
CryWAF allows you to quickly jump between various build pipelines while ensuring you only build what you really need to build.
Extensions such as automatic project generation or a simple GUI allowing you to tweak your projects requirements, ensure a fast turn over time and a more productive team.
In This Topic
- Getting Started with WAF — A step by step guide of build CRYENGINE for the first time.
- WAF File Structure — Overview of WAF related files, specifying their structure, usage and possible options.
- WAF Branch Spec (waf_branch_spec.py) — Overview of the waf_branch_spec.py and its possible configurations.
- WAF Project File (projects.json) — Overview of the projects.json file and its possible configurations.
- WAF Spec File (*.json) — Overview of the structure of a spec file and its possible configurations.
- WAF Code Folder — Explanation of WAF related files found in the Code folder.
- WAF Module File (wscript) — Overview of the structure and possible options for a wscript file.
- WAF File List (*.waf_files) — Overview of the structure and possible options for a .waf_files type of file.
- WAF Tutorials — A series of tutorials to demonstrate useful CryWAF operations such as setting up a new project or module.
- WAF Interaction — A reference of CryWAF usage options and explanation of how to use CryWAF either via the command line or the graphical interface.
- WAF Extensions — A description of how to enable and use WAF extensions such as IncrediBuild or Recode.
- WAF with IncrediBuild — Usage of IncrediBuild with Visual Studio to build CRYENGINE.
- WAF with Visual Studio — Overview of the integration of WAF features in the VS interface.
- WAF with QT — Tips on how to use WAF with support for moc files in a project that uses QT.
- WAF with Recode — How to enable WAF support for Recode.
- WAF References — A set of reference sheets for WAF related options.
- WAF FAQ — FAQ and troubleshooting for common setup problems with WAF.