Overview - CRYENGINE 5.4.0 Preview 5
We are very pleased to bring you the 5.4.0 Preview 5 release. This is another “hot-fix” preview release where we have addressed further issues identified by you our community.
As we promised in the 5.4.0 Preview 3 release, more detailed steps on submitting Pull Requests can now be found here. The following links were first published in the Release Notes for the 5.4.0 Preview 3 release.
You can visit the below page for more information on handling pull requests in the CRYENGINE:
For general information provided by GitHub regarding Pull Requests, please refer here Pull Requests.
Finally, thank you once again for your feedback, please keep it coming (but through the normal channels).
Accessing the 5.4.0 Preview 5 Release
- Go to https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases/5.4.0_preview5.
- Download CRYENGINE_preview_220.127.116.11_pc.zip.
- Unzip it the downloaded package in your system, and then open the directory “CRYENGINE_preview_18.104.22.168_pc”.
- Double-click on “InstallEngine.bat".
Code Interface Changes
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.4 Data and Code Changes (5.4 Preview Releases) article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.3, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.3 to CRYENGINE 5.4 (5.4 Preview Releases).
- CRASH: (Schematyc/Particle) If too many or large graphs are opened or created, then the Sandbox Editor runs out of GDI and or USER handles, resulting in a crash.
- CRASH: (GameLauncher) Loading a newly generated and exported Woodland map in the GameLauncher will cause a crash on AMD Graphics cards.
- Fixed: CAdvancedAnimationComponent::SetMotionParameter not respecting motion parameter overrides coming from higher-level systems.
- Fixed: Unresponsive fragment transitions when calling CAdvancedAnimationComponent::QueueFragment. Also fixed a related memory leak issue.
- Fixed: Inability to disable collisions on physics primitive components.
- Fixed: Mesh and primitive components using incorrect entity slot ids.
- Fixed: Schematyc objects not triggering start node when spawned dynamically after gameplay has started.
- Fixed: Remote console deadlock on shutdown.
- Fixed: Releasing render pipeline when the renderer is released.
- Fixed: Persistent debug not working in Sandbox Editor.
- Fixed: (Third Person Shooter) Warning spam issue - occurring during camera movement by introducing more inertia when toggling the state of Mannequin tags.
- Fixed: (First Person Shooter) Missing spawnpoint in the example level.
- Tweaked: (Third Person Shooter) Introduced a simple mouse input smoothing filter to mitigate jerky motion when turning around.
Graphics and Rendering
- Fixed: Nullptr-access when shader-creation fails.
- Fixed: Texture-pointer invalidation by inverse weak-pointer pattern.
- Fixed: Fatal error when the renderer cannot create its device. Also now shows a proper messsage when a non-vulkan GPU is used in combination with Vulkan renderer.
- Fixed: Warning in Notification Center after map is loaded.
- Fixed: Crash in LightVolumes caused by light count exceeding local array bounds. Added constant for limit.
- Fixed: Serialisation conversion bug.
- Fixed: Some example effects in Engine Assets - now work properly.
- Fixed: Particle Entity Components now reliably activate and deactivate emitters, without creating duplicates. Emitters no longer spawn particles when inactive.
- Fixed: Crash where code tried to remove a non existing entity and accessed an invalid pointer.
- Fixed: Crash when showing Navigation Area context menu.
- Fixed: Navmesh wasn't updated when editing holes in terrain.
- Fixed: Navigation areas sligtly offset bellow the terrain after creation.
- Fixed: Public Schematyc components not allowing modification of Transform.