CRYENGINE 5.5.1 while being a minor release does bring some worthwhile fixes and updates to the Engine.
Accessing CRYENGINE 5.5.1 and Sandbox Editor Source Code
Engine versions are now available through the CRYENGINE Launcher.
- Log into the CRYENGINE Launcher
- Go to LIBRARY -> My Engines where your currently installed and available Engines are listed. From there Engines can be updated (installed).
Sandbox Editor source code is only available via Github:
- Updated to Oculus spatializer version 1.29.0.
- Fixed: Texture compilation notification is permanently compiling. Fixes a multithreading issue with CProgressNotification (where the notification may never be removed if its lifetime is short).
- Fixed: Changes and edits to Designer Objects do not mark its layer as modified.
- Fixed: Creating a new level didn't allow the user to save changes to layers.
- Fixed: Missing Normalmap_lowQ Preset from CryTiff plugin.