Below is a list of supported exporters and their associated file names. Beginning with Maya 2014, 32-bit support has been discontinued.
Plugin Files for different versions
Automatic Installation with CryToolsInstaller
We recommend using the CryToolsInstaller to install all DCC tool packages, including Maya. If you need to manually install it, follow the instructions given below in the Manual Install section.
Once you have the Plugins installed, run the Settings Manager from
<root>\Tools\SettingsMgr.exe to point the Resource Compiler to the root of your CRYENGINE build.
This process requires manual installation and needs some copying of files.
Important information for these instructions:
- %MAYAVERSION% should be replaced with the version of Maya you are using.
- %CRYENGINE% should be replaced with the path to the CRYENGINE.
1. Run the
<root>\Tools\SettingsMgr.exe and setup the path to your build. See the Settings Manager article on how to do this.
2. Copy the file:
<root>\Tools\melscript\shelf_Crytek.mel to the folder:
3. Copy the
<root>\Tools\melscript\icons\ contents to the folder:
5. Add the following to the 'Maya.env' file into
Note: See the warning from the beginning of this section
6. In Maya make sure the 'MayaCryExport2%MAYAVERSION%.mll' plugin is loaded in Plugin Manager. Go to Windows -> Settings/Preferences -> Plug-in Manager.
Use the browse button and Load the plug-in directly from your
7. Once loaded, you might have to restart Maya for the exporter to work.
8. Click the Export button and the exporter dialog box will be displayed. This is the main menu from which you will be using to export your assets.