These topics cover the basics of creating new map, placing objects, using groups and layers, and preparing a level to play it in Game Mode.
In This Topic
- Level Creation Quick Start
- Creating a New Level — Learn how to create a new map, add terrain, and generate a surface texture.
- Lighting Levels using Physically Based Shading
- Modifying Terrain — Use the modify terrain tools and various types of brushes.
- Painting Terrain — Learn about terrain layers, materials, and textures.
- Vegetation Creation — With the Vegetation tool, you can manually or automatically fill the levels with vegetation, after setting specific parameters.
- DBView Vegetation Tab — The Database View Vegetation tab contains all of the vegetation objects contained in a level. Here you can adjust group properties for specific objects, as well as group together categories of vegetation objects.
- Setting Up Grass — Learn about the specific properties and requirements needed to properly set up grass in Sandbox.
- Setting Up Time Of Day — Learn about the Time Of Day functions and use them to create realistic or surrealistic environments and lighting.
- Setting Up Weather Effects — Use this guide for help with setting up the various types of weather effects supported in CryENGINE.
- The Road Tool — Learn about the most important features of the Road tool to build realistic-looking and functional roads.
- The River Tool — Learn about the most important features of the River tool to build realistic-looking and functional rivers.
- Grouping and Linking Objects — This topic describes how to group and link objects together to avoid clutter in a level or game area.
- Using Layers — Learn how to create, manage, and use layers to manage complex levels.
- Preparing a Level for Playing — Learn how to prepare a level so that it can be used with the game launcher.
- Creating Mini Maps — Use Sandbox and an image editor to create high resolution mini maps for in game use.