The Sandbox Editor contains a powerful Particle editing tool to give you access to CRYENGINE's advanced particle system, which artists and level designers use to create realistic explosions, fire, smoke effects and much more.
Please also refer to the the Shader Reference page for more information on the Particles Shader.
In This Topic
- Particle Editor Overview — The Particle Editor can be found in the Database View/Particles tab. You can use the Particle Editor to create particle effects and tweak their parameters, but also manage and store them.
- Particle Editor Params — This article breaks down the parameter categories that make up the particle editor and are used to customize particles.
- Particle Reference — This is a reference document for the features of particles, as well as for their authoring environment.
- Using Particles in Animations — Learn how to set up particles in animations.
- Particle Editor Advanced Techniques — In this article you'll find information on advanced techniques you can use with the Particle Editor to achieve better results.
- Particle Tutorials — This page hosts links to Particle tutorials ranging from Beginner to Advanced.
- Creating a Simple Particle Effect — Learn how to create a simple particle effect by using the Particle tab of the DataBase View.
- Adding More Details to a Particle Effect — Add more details to particle effects with sparks, animated textures, and smoke.
- Creating a Fireworks Particle Effect — Use the Advanced Property settings in the Particle tab to create realistic fireworks effects.
- Particle Entities