This article covers a detailed walk through walkthrough of the steps that are required to successfully compile and run the blank C++ project template with a custom engine cloned from Git.
- Download and install the latest CRYENGINE Launcher - available from cryengine.com
- Create a New C++ blank project from the CRYENGINE Launcher. This will download the corresponding release version of the Engine (if it has not been installed previously)
- Run the following git command to make a local clone for of your custom engine git clone https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE.git
- Run cry_waf.exe from the custom engine and create a gamesdk project. Open the generated solution and compile [GameSDK] Profile x64
- Copy system.cfg and the folder named engine from a release build to the custom engine. You can easily find the location of a downloaded release Engine by navigating to "Library/My Engines" from within the CRYENGINE Launcher and selecting "Reveal in Explorer" from the Engine versions dropdown button. If you avoid this step the custom engine will crash due to missing DDS files