Draw a path with the primitive creation tools.(e.g. Line, Curve, Rectangle and Disc tools)
The path can be both closed shape and non-closed shape.
- Close shape examples
- Non-closed Shapes examples.
- Make a profile cutout. The cutout should be a closed shape.
- Profile cutout's examples.
- Move the profile cutout to the start point of the path. With the Magnet tool you can move the profile shape to the starting point easily and align the profile shape to the direction of the edge connected at the starting point.
- Select the path with the selection tools. (e.g. Edge or Face selection)
- Enter the Lathe tool
- Select the profile cutout.
Before selecting the profile cutout.
After selecting the profile cutout.
After canceling the selections.