CryEngine features several methods of analyzing job performance at run-time as well as in offline mode.
- For a quick overview of the current worker load, use the console command Profile 1.
- For a more detailed overview used the Statoscope tool which can be found in the game_branch/Tools folder.
The console command Profile1 displays information of individual jobs and their execution time.
(Note: Do not worry about the frame timings in this picture. The screenshot was taken in windowed + out of focus mode on PC)
How to use:
- In-game console command: Profile 1
- SPU (PS3 only)
|Note: The execution time of a job is added to the frame it was executed in. A job that is executing over more than 3 frames may lead to incorrect results.|
Statoscope offers live as well as offline analysis of data on a per frame basis.
Link to the Statoscope Guide where more information about the tool can be found.
How to use:
- In the in game console type: e_StatoscopeLogDestination 1
- Connect to the platform the game is running on
Job Information Individual:
An overview of the Job Profiling system with built-in profile options and Statoscope.
This tool visualizes the job activity spread across the the different threads.