Accessing the 5.4.0 Preview 2 Release
- Go to https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases/5.4.0_preview2
- Download CRYENGINE_preview_184.108.40.206_pc.zip
- Unzip it somewhere and open the directory “CRYENGINE_preview_220.127.116.11_pc”
- Double-click on “InstallEngine.bat"
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.4 Data and Code Changes (5.4 Preview Releases)* article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.3, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.3 to CRYENGINE 5.4 (5.4 Preview Releases)*.
- New: Use mobile GPUs instead of CPU for rendering.
- Fixed: (Terrain) Ocean not visible after resizing the terrain.
- Fixed: Crash when trying to detach individual objects from a prefab through the properties panel.
- Fixed: Possible crash caused by the ability to undo selection of an invalid layer.
- Fixed: (FG) Crash when using undo/redo often (after adding a node) causes crash.
- Fixed: Object tree in Prefabs Library collapses after placing a prefab.
- Fixed: Opening any selection window once causes the property panel to flicker/redraw on each change.
- Fixed: (FG) Crash when using "q" to quickly (when adding a node) causes an instant crash.
- Fixed: Default Entity icon being shown for Entities with helpers.
- Fixed: Reverting a Component's properties in the Inspector recreates the entire Entity.
- Fixed: Case where Components were duplicated after undoing Entity deletion.
- Fixed: Entities without scripts being reloaded when scripts changed.
- Fixed: Crash when undoing layer deletion through context menu in Level Explorer, and then doing undo/redo.
- Fixed: (TrackView) Creating a key adds two events to the undo/redo-queue.
- Fixed: Optimized the moving of objects between layers (for large object counts). This issue could potentially stall the Sandbox Editor indefinitely.
- Fixed: (Open File dialog) Sort by size produces imprecise results.
- Fixed: (TrackView) Capture Track produces warning: End capture failed.
- Fixed: Non-uber fix.
- Fixed: Asset Browser remembers thumbnail size, splitter placement.