Accessing the 5.4.0 Preview 5 Release
- Go to https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases/5.4.0_preview5.
- Download CRYENGINE_preview_22.214.171.124_pc.zip.
- Unzip it the downloaded package in your system, and then open the directory “CRYENGINE_preview_126.96.36.199_pc”.
- Double-click on “InstallEngine.bat".
Code Interface Changes
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.4 Data and Code Changes (5.4 Preview Releases)* article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.3, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.3 to CRYENGINE 5.4 (5.4 Preview Releases)*.
- CRASH: (Schematyc/Particle) If too many or large graphs are opened or created, then the Sandbox Editor runs out of GDI and or USER handles, resulting in a crash.
- CRASH: (GameLauncher) Loading a newly generated and exported Woodland map in the GameLauncher will cause a crash on AMD Graphics cards.
- Fixed: CAdvancedAnimationComponent::SetMotionParameter not respecting motion parameter overrides coming from higher-level systems.
- Fixed: Unresponsive fragment transitions when calling CAdvancedAnimationComponent::QueueFragment. Also fixed a related memory leak issue.
- Fixed: Inability to disable collisions on physics primitive components.
- Fixed: Mesh and primitive components using incorrect entity slot ids.
- Fixed: Schematyc objects not triggering start node when spawned dynamically after gameplay has started.
- Fixed: Remote console deadlock on shutdown.
- Fixed: Releasing render pipeline when the renderer is released.
- Fixed: Persistent debug not working in Sandbox Editor.
- Fixed: (Third Person Shooter) Warning spam issue - occurring during camera movement by introducing more inertia when toggling the state of Mannequin tags.
- Fixed: (First Person Shooter) Missing spawnpoint in the example level.
- Tweaked: (Third Person Shooter) Introduced a simple mouse input smoothing filter to mitigate jerky motion when turning around.
Graphics and Rendering
- Fixed: Nullptr-access when shader-creation fails.
- Fixed: Texture-pointer invalidation by inverse weak-pointer pattern.
- Fixed: Fatal error when the renderer cannot create its device. Also now shows a proper messsage when a non-vulkan GPU is used in combination with Vulkan renderer.
- Fixed: Warning in Notification Center after map is loaded.
- Fixed: Crash in LightVolumes caused by light count exceeding local array bounds. Added constant for limit.
- Fixed: Serialisation conversion bug.
- Fixed: Some example effects in Engine Assets - now work properly.
- Fixed: Particle Entity Components now reliably activate and deactivate emitters, without creating duplicates. Emitters no longer spawn particles when inactive.
- Fixed: Crash where code tried to remove a non existing entity and accessed an invalid pointer.
- Fixed: Crash when showing Navigation Area context menu.
- Fixed: Navmesh wasn't updated when editing holes in terrain.
- Fixed: Navigation areas sligtly offset bellow the terrain after creation.
- Fixed: Public Schematyc components not allowing modification of Transform.