Finally in this Preview Release, we bring you our updated documentation for the Schematyc Editor Interface. For more information, please refer to Schematyc Editor.
Accessing the 5.4.0 Preview 6 Release
- Go to https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases/5.4.0_preview6.
- Download CRYENGINE_preview_18.104.22.168_pc.zip.
- Unzip it the downloaded package in your system, and then open the directory “CRYENGINE_preview_22.214.171.124_pc”.
- Double-click on “InstallEngine.bat".
Code Interface Changes
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.4 Data and Code Changes (5.4 Preview Releases)* article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.3, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.3 to CRYENGINE 5.4 (5.4 Preview Releases)*.
- CRASH: (Schematyc/Particle) If too many or large graphs are opened or created, then the Sandbox Editor runs out of GDI and or USER handles, resulting in a crash.
- CRASH: (GameLauncher) Loading a newly generated and exported Woodland map in the GameLauncher will cause a crash on AMD Graphics cards.
- CRASH: (Crash Reporter) Not working in 5.4.0 Preview 6 Release.
- SPAM: (Shader Spam) Cannot compile HW shader 'Hair@HairPS(80000000008)(X1).
- Fixed: A signal/slot race condition crash caused by in PropertiesPanel::m_propertyTree sometimes trying to revert to an expired object when loading/reloading character files. Property tree is now safely refreshed in a subsequent OnExplorerSelectionChanged handler.
- New: Added preload component.
- Fixed: Inability to change mesh component type at run-time.
- Fixed: Inability to re-activate particle component without reloading (if the particle was disabled by default).
- Fixed: Camera component missing selection helpers.
- Fixed: Environment Probe component missing size indicator.
- Fixed: Engine starting without a project when migration was not possible.
- Fixed: Cannot execute console commands from the cryproject file.
- Fixed: Crash on startup if cryproject file did not exist.
- Fixed: Inability to load cryproject from disk in release builds.
- Fixed: Binary XML nodes not supporting cloning - now returns itself since the nodes are readonly anyway.
- New: (CryVersionSelector) Now remembers your last selected platform.
- New: (CryVersionSelector) Added Generate Engine Solution to the CryEngine file.
- Fixed: (CryVersionSelector) Fixed CMake opening the wrong source directory.
- Tweaked: (CryVersionSelector) Generated CMakelist now includes an easier way to switch the target to Gamelauncher, Server and the Sandbox Editor.
- Tweaked: (CryVersionSelector) Added error-messages if Windows only features are used outside of Windows.
- Tweaked: (CryVersionSelector) Updated the order of the options when right-clicking cryproject and CryEngine files.
- New: Now downloads the SDKs through GitHub if bootstrap is not possible.
- Fixed: Quick selection for Flowgraph nodes is broken.
- Fixed: Blank and plugin template not registering user created Entity Components.
Graphics and Rendering
- Refactored: Replaced all CryMakeUnique with stl::make_unique.
- Fixed: Cubemap generation issue.
- Fixed: The flickering debug information in the Sandbox Editor.
- Fixed: Exporting decals with nullptr material issue.
- Fixed: Disabled multi-threaded resource creation to allow sys_spec changes to succeed.
- Fixed: Release/build nullptr access when ShutDown.
- Fixed: Depth-buffer resolution mismatch when initializing pipelines.
- Fixed: Make sure material resource set for FogVolume contains valid resources.
- Fixed: OpenVR plugin crashes on closing GameLauncher.
- Fixed: Launcher doesn't close properly on quit.
- Fixed: Disable depth fixup on PS4 to circumvent GPU hang.
- Fixed: Graphics pipeline shutdown.
- Fixed: Changed upper bound of call-back removal to prevent stack overflow.
- Fixed: Nullptr access when shader creation fails.
- Tweaked: Added Sandbox Editor startup information for shader compilation - to fix unclear startup "freeze" when all shaders need compiling.
- Fixed: Prevent out of bounds access in specular probe texture array.
- Fixed: Non-functioning presets. Mesh presets now have sphere default and the ribbon has anti-gravity.
- Fixed: Crash from null attribute pointer.
- Fixed: TimeSource domain fixes. Per-instance contexts now always access parent data. Only parent age data is "age-anti-aliased".
- Fixed: Opening & closing the Tag Definition Editor will now keep the ID selection.
- Fixed: Mannequin layout wasn't saved after closing.
- Fixed: Timeline in Mannequin sometimes got lost between other panels.
- Fixed: Undoing the creation of a vegetation object will now clear selection in the vegetation tree view.
- Fixed: issue with joint generation on entities without script tables.