How to Set Up Equipment Packs
This tutorial will show you how to give weapons and equipment items to AI entities and to the player. You will learn how to carry the inventory of the player from one mission to another, as well as giving the player individual items.
Weapons and equipment
Editing equipment packs
Equipment Pack* window using in the *Mission
Select one of the
using the drop-down menu.
Or create a new pack by clicking on the
Add Weapons and Equipment items to the Equipment list using the<<* or *>
Enemies can be set up to have unlimited ammo so you don't need to specify the amount of bullets.
Editing enemy equipment packs
You can also access the equipment pack editor by clicking
in the properties of a character with a weapon.
Changing player equipment packs
The flowgraph equipment packs from the last mission can be reused by setting these flowgraph nodes:
(Note: to test a mission, or to give the player a bunch of weapons at level start use the ADDEQUIPPACK node and connect it to the start node.)
- Open the Flow Graph* view pane (*View/Open View Pane/Flow Graph )
- Drag a Mission Objective* entity to the perspective viewport and click Add Selected Entity in the *Flow Graph window
- Ensure that all components are active ( View/Components )
- Add a LocalPlayer* node (*Add Node/Game/ )
- Add a Start* node(*Add Node/Misc/ )
- Add an AddEquipPack*, RestorePlayerInventory*and *StorePlayerInventory node ( Add Node/Inventory/)
- Add an EndLevelNew* node (*AddNode/Mission/ )
- Connect the entityID* to the input field of the *Inventory node
- Connect the Start* node output node to the Trigger event on the *Inventory node (connection not displayed in following screenshot as usually you should use the Restore Players Inventory to load previous missions inventory)
Giving the player individual weapons and items
To give the player individual weapons and items, the
flow graph nodes should be used.
Right click in the
: Adds a item/weapon to the players inventory
: Checks if the player has a specific item
: Checks if the player has selected a specific item
: Removes all items from the players inventory
: Removes a specific item from the players inventory
: Selects a specific item in the players inventory if available
Add Node/Misc/Start* node to give the player a *GaussRifle
at level start:
When the player starts the mission he has the GaussRifleright at the beginning:
Some things to experiment with:
Play with your equipment packs to give the player an interesting setup at the start of your level, or to create a unique and varied feel to your enemy types.
If you're working with multiple level setups, it's a good idea for testing to give the player appropriate weapons. However, when streaming between levels, it's a good idea to make sure you don't give your player new weapons for free, or to take any away.