This records player input/camera movement and plays it back. Some player actions such as vehicle movement are not supported.
You need to start and record in game mode (Press Ctrl + G in the Editor after the level has been fully loaded, or load the level in Pure Game Mode.
After each playback you get a log printout that looks like the following (in the console and also in the file timedemo.log in the level directory for the level used):
Ctrl + PrintScreen
Ctrl + Break
Shift + PrintScreen
Ctrl + Break
Related Console Variables
- stopdemo: Stop playing a time demo.
- demo: Plays a time demo from file (Usage: demo demoname).
- demo_fixed_timestep: Number of updates per second.
- demo_panormaic: Panormaic view when playing back demo.
- demo_restart_level: Restart level after each loop: 0 = Off; 1 = use quicksave on first playback; 2 = load level start.
- demo_ai: Enable/Disable AI during the demo.
- demo_savestats: Save level stats at the end of the loop.
- demo_max_frames: Max number of frames to save.
- demo_screenshot_frame: Make screenshot on specified frame during demo playback, If Negative, takes screen shoot every N frame.
- demo_quit: Quit game after demo runs finished.
- demo_continue: Continue game after demo runs finished.
- demo_noinfo: Disable info display during demo playback.
- demo_scroll_pause: ScrollLock pauses demo play/record.
- demo_num_runs: Number of times to loop timedemo.
- demo_profile: Enable demo profiling.
- demo_time: Time demo filename.