As of version of CryEngine 3.7 the CryEngine Audio system was replaced with the new CryEngine Audio Translation Layer , allowing choice of which middleware you use with CryEngine.
The documentation in this chapter refers to the now deprecated versions of CryEngine < 3.7. and is relevant only if using older versions of CryEngine.
Should you wish to use Fmod as your audio middleware, with the latest version of CryEngine ≥3.7.
Please refer to , ATL for Programmers ,for information on creating an Audio System Implementation, and contact FMOD to license the version of their audio middleware software you choose.
In This Topic
- Dialog System — Will tell you all about player and AI dialogs and how they are handled.
- General Audio topics — Serves as category for things related to both and has a focus on profiling and performance.
- Music System — Will cover the same topics regarding anything music-wise.
- Sound System — Will tell you all about sounds and their setup and integration with the engine.
- The FMOD Designer — The FMOD Designer gives sound designers an enormous amount of freedom and hides all the small details from game programmers and level designers.
- Training Slides — The attached PowerPoint presentation is used for training purposes and provides a helpful overview.