This section of the wiki will cover the creation pipeline of getting your vegetation assets into CRYENGINE. It has been broken down into different sections, where depending on the type of vegetation you want to create, there will be a dedicated category just detailing that pipeline. The major categories have been broken down logically into their type.
Information of using the vegetation tool can be found HERE. This section deals with the asset creation pipeline.
The Major categories are:
- Grass (patches) multi-plane geometry
- Grass (merged mesh) simple geometry
- Bushes (detail bending) applying noise to simulate movement
- Bushes (touch bending) allows interaction with other physicalized entities
- Trees (boolean breakable)
Some of the technology we use in our vegetation system, for example detail bending, in not restricted to the bushes. You can apply the same setup onto trees since is to do with simulating vegetation movement. To save repeating our selves in multiple documents, we will refer to the shared technology via links embedded with the tutorial you will be following.