This section covers the creation pipeline for moving your vegetation assets into CRYENGINE. It has been broken down into different sections, depending on the type of vegetation you want to create. There will be a dedicated category for detailing that pipeline.
For more information on using the Vegetation Editor, please refer HERE. This section deals with the asset creation pipeline.
The major categories are:
- Grass (patches) multi-plane geometry
- Grass (merged mesh) simple geometry
- Bushes (detail bending) applying noise to simulate movement
- Bushes (touch bending) allows interaction with other physicalized entities
- Trees (Boolean breakable)
- Trees (Deform)
Few technologies that we use in our vegetation system, for example: detail bending, is not restricted to the bushes. You can apply the same technology on trees since they can be modified with simulating vegetation movement.